Thursday, March 19, 2015

An Email From Robert Dick


This morning, I woke up to find an email from professional flutist Robert Dick in my inbox.  It was his response to the "Do Not Read" segment on Monday night.  (begins around 2:18):


He wants to go on The Tonight Show starring Jimmy Fallon and I think it is a great idea!  How awesome would it be for him to pull a Lou Malnati's/Daily Show and prove how awesome he is at playing flute?  If it happens, I would expect (and hope) that Robert Dick would not even mention or go into the tasteless joke - that would only put the focus on the joke.  Instead, go on, talk about what you do, laugh and have fun, and play the flute in a way most people are completely ignorant.  But that's just my humble opinion. Here is his email with instructions on how you can help him play "The Other Flute"  on the show!

"Robert Dick Newsletter – March 19, 2015
This is an appeal for YOUR HELP to respond to a horrible sketch on the TONIGHT SHOW mocking me, my name and my book “The Other Flute”.
On Monday, March 16, Jimmy Fallon, host of the TONIGHT SHOW, the most watched TV show in the United States did an infantile “Dick joke” sketch about me and “The Other Flute”. 
Here’s the link so you can see this for yourself.
Do Not Read – THE OTHER FLUTE
 After taking counsel with a wide range of friends -- I have decided that a lawsuit is pointless. Bad taste isn't against the law, and Jimmy Fallon was within the bounds of protected free speech. He was certainly way out of the realm of good taste or respect to fellow humans. Very many of you have suggested that I go on the Tonight Show and I'm giving it my best shot. I NEED YOUR HELP. Go to the Tonight Show website, or the Tonight Show FaceBook page or to their YouTube page --and tell them that they just have to have me on and that I'll play the flute in a way that really is "The Other Flute" -- and in a funny and entertaining way -- will blow their minds. Here are the links:
You tube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bG1Q2SkpttI   start at 2:20
Tonight Show website: www.nbc.com/contact/generalgo to "I have feedback", then "I have a comment or suggestion"
PLEASE WRITE YOUR MESSAGE TODAY AND SPREAD THIS FAR AND WIDE -- THE TONIGHT SHOW NEEDS TO RECEIVE THOUSANDS OF COMMENTS AND REQUESTS.
THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH.

Robert"

What do you think? Is this an appropriate response and should Robert Dick go on The Tonight Show? If you think he should, let The Tonight Show know!  

No comments:

Post a Comment