Wednesday, August 27, 2014

What I'm Listening To: How to Train Your Dragon


I recently took my two-year-old son to his third movie in a theater.  In case you can't guess from the title what movie we saw, it was How To Train Your Dragon 2.  Well, he LOVED it.  So we went out and bought the original.  The next morning we sat down and watched it.  Now, I am obsessed with the musical score.

Naturally, I went out looking for any kind of arrangement of the music I could find and I stumbled upon the following:



I found the second one to be nice since it had more time to "dig in" to the original score.  From what I understand, this arrangement is, unfortunately, not publicly available and though multiple people have tried to attain a copy directly from the composer/arranger, he is not responding to emails.  What a shame.  I can only hope that it will become available soon.

By the way, the Hal Leonard youtube channel is fun to explore.  Look what else I found there!  I am currently petitioning the Columbia Community Band director to add it to our December concert.  Way fun for the players and the children that will flock to the concert just to hear "Let It Go".  Something for the cheap seats?  Absolutely.  Worth it?  ABSOLUTELY.

No comments:

Post a Comment