Wednesday, August 20, 2014

What I'm Listening to: The Liebermann Piccolo Concerto

More piccolo!  I have heard some people say that they think this piece is cheesy.  They might be right.  Perhaps I appreciate its cheesiness.  No, I definitely do.  But I also just really like the piece for what it is.  It is a piccolo concerto that doesn't sound anything like the standard orchestral audition requirement:  Vivaldi's Concerto in C (not that I dislike Vivaldi or his concerto).

1st movement:



2nd movement:  Sort of reminds me of Old Hollywood movie music.  A little.



3rd movement: Do you hear anything familiar?  Liebermann quotes Beethoven 3, Mozart 40, and Stars and Stripes.  And, much to my frustration, I cannot find the video in Blogger's youtube search.  So here is the link directly from youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3xHmfjAg--I

Happy listening. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment